Monday, August 2, 2010

Welcome to Twigs and Roses ISSR Kennels Opening Blog.  It's taken a little time (OK, several years) for me to finally get a blog up and running to share information about our amazing Shiloh's, Lexi and Teddy.  We got Lexi as a pet quality pup from the Topaz/Toran litter (these two have since gone to the sliver side) and Teddy comes from New Zion's Acer and Spirit.
Lexi, I'm sure, holds the title for "Most Mischievous Shiloh".   Her early stories can be found on the Shiloh Forum  http://shilohshepherds.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x  Though I haven't had much time to post new stories, Lexi still keeps us on our toes.  She is what I'd call a "thinking dog".  We've tried training her (boot camp, private trainers, etc), but Lexi thinks through consequences and does what's best for her when she get's a command, so as far as we're concerned, it's luck of the draw if Lexi is going to listen or not.
Teddy is my handsome, sweet, loveable but tough Shiloh.  He is an amazing dog, who when he was about 7 months old, got away from me in midtown Manhattan, and sprinted about 20 blocks by himself back to my office.  He is my miracle dog, because that day he should have died or never come home.  Teddy's favorite activity is to go rollerblading with me (he does all the work) and is incredibly strong.  Teddy won BIS at 2008 Homecoming  I can't walk a block without someone stopping us to comment on how handsome he is...by the way, Teddy's the only one who can keep Lexi in check.

No comments:

Post a Comment